Apply to our Startup Accelerator Program in Leipzig
|Next Application Deadline:||
17th of October 2017
|Next Program Start Date:||
8th of January 2018
Why your startup should apply to the SpinLab
We're based in the thriving city of Leipzig, Germany, which is about 190KM outside of Berlin. The city is an awesome place to live, work, and grow, and your startup will truly be taken to the next level if you're accepted into one of our classes. We've got a page that will go into detail with 10 specific reasons about why you should apply to the SpinLab, but to summarize some of the key points that will be of interest to founders looking to apply, here's what you can get excited about:
- Nothing is taken from your startup. We're unique in the sense that we take 0 equity, shares, or intellectual property from your startup. Your company stays as much yours when you finish our program, as it was before you ever started with us. Our main goal is to push you to success.
- True Internalization. Our accelerator operates in both English and German, as long as your startup can communicate fluently in one of these languages we welcome you to apply! Furthermore, if you want to expand internationally, we have excellent partnerships with international companies and the HHL that can help you plan your internationalization right from the start.
- The Spinnerei is awesome. We're housed in a re-invigorated cultural and art industrial hub in Leipzig. The environment here will inspire you to be your best, day in, and day out.
How to apply to our startup accelerator program
You can apply in either German or English, but business level fluency in at least one of these languages is required to participate in our startup accelerator program.
First you should upload your current and up-to-date pitch deck as a PDF (10-15 slides) or pitching video (7-10min). Your pitch should include all typical information (What is the problem? What is your solution (product or service)? Who are customers? What is the size of the market? Who are competitors? How do you make money? Who are you (team)? Action plan. Financial planning).
Applying to our program is easy and straight-forward. Simply submit your application on f6s.com,a popular international startup platform that is used by many leading accelerators worldwide, before the above stated deadline. As a side note, F6S can also be used for various purposes such as recruiting, startup deals, browsing international startups, or finding investors. Once received, the applications will be reviewed by an independent advisory board:
- Prof. Dr. Dorian Proksch (HHL Graduate School of Management)
- Tillmann Sauer-Morhard (Entrepreneur & Managing Partner at MIB AG)
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Stubner (Dean of HHL Graduate School of Management, Entrepreneur, Co-founder and Managing Director at Monkfish Equity)
- K. Christian Vogel, Dipl-Ing. (Long industrial and much longer PE/VC carreer with over 140 investment/40 exits, CEO/CRO - Entrepreneur - Investor)
- Gerd Harry Lybke (Entrepreneur and gallery owner of EIGEN+ART Gallery)
What types of startups are we looking for?
If you are an excellent team of passionate and entrepreneurial founders with a scalable, technology-based concept, in the later pre-seed, seed, or expansion phase, we want you in our program! Early pre-seed projects will only be chosen in exceptional cases.
We welcome, and have succesfully hosted, startups from areas such as:
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Smart City
- Artificial Intelligence
- Wearable Technology
As already mentioned, we will also take startups in areas not listed here. We're really just looking for great teams who are dedicated to making their ideas and visions come to life!
Still have questions about the application process, then send us a message via our contact us page.